Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Mark Zuckerberg isn't Rich Enough

DAVOS-KLOSTERS/SWITZERLAND, 30JAN09 - Mark Zuc...Image via Wikipedia
Facebook CEO and arch nemesis of enemybook (it's exactly how it sounds), wants to be the coolest nerd in California. Or at least the richest. He's purposing that the long standing ban for under 13 facebook members be relinquished for the educational advances of our uninhibited youth. This isn't a ban that Facebook enacted but a Privacy Protection act created to shield young children from predators, click jacking, phishing scams, hooking up apps like iwould  (the junior high version of eharmony) are just some of the many reasons why I limit my social media persona. Nevermind all that, says Zuckerberg, I gots to get paid!  Mark states:


"That will be a fight we take on at some point. My philosophy is that for education you need to start at a really, really young age..."blah blah the 20,000 under 13 accounts that Facebook  closes on a daily basis will make me so much money that I'll be able to proprietize the air supply AND make Neptune a planet again.

I'm not anti-facebook, I post my humble blog entries on there. I just don't like it when someone uses the platform of educating youth and it's disingenuous. All of the aforementioned  dangers scream not suitable for kids.  Kids should be kids, not responding to a bot who might ask your 10 year old to join his or her 'member's only' circle. I know kids sneak on there and that some parents aren't concerned with the dangers. BUT the Children's Privacy Act forces Facebook to be accountable when families' aren't. If the ban is lifted, scuzbuckets will have a free for all and I'll have to update my posts elsewhere. Dislike button.

via newser

Thoughts or comments on the facebook
Enhanced by Zemanta
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...