Friday, February 25, 2011

OMG That Sucks! for VZW BB 8530


It should just work, normally it does but since we're on the topic of phone updates why not add this as well.  This victim is the Verizon Wireless BlackBerry Curve 2 8530.


Who knew this thing had updates at all?  VZW won't tell you, I've never had an update show in the Wireless Updates, and the BlackBerry Desktop software usually seems pretty unaware a phone is attached to your computer at all let alone tell you an update is pending.

I'm checking on the VZW site for BB devices and I see there is a new version of the BB OS available.  So I downloaded their "thoroughly tested" OS and loaded it up.  Should have Googled this one...

OS 5.0.0.973 is their latest and greatest offering, I was greeted with wonky fonts, sound issues, trackpad issues, and the charging bug

I should have known something was wrong when they first thing they posted on the update page was "Power Cycle Loop Issue click here"  but I was ready for anything.

Don't do it, luckily at the bottom of the entry there's a link to downgrade back to a normally operating copy.  Now I'm back to working.  Thanks VZW
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...